The Invitare Condrieu AOC by M. Chapoutier shines intensely gold and golden yellow in the glass with green reflections. On the nose, this fast-paced white wine from the northern Rhone Valley unfolds dense aromas of exotic fruits, such as pineapple, acacia blossom, lychee, apricot, candied fruits and white peach. On the palate it presents itself full-bodied, round and expressive, very harmonious between fruit and acidity, with a long, persistent finish and vanilla notes in the aftertaste. A characteristic example of the excellent wines from Condrieu.
Vinification of Invitare Condrieu AOC by M. Chapoutier
Condrieu is located on the northern right bank of the Rhone and is thus the northernmost appelation of the Rhone valley. The soils in this French wine-growing region are characterized by granite-like sand and alluvial land, so-called "Arzelle", a mixture of decomposing rock, granite, mica, slate and clay. The steep slopes face south and southeast. The climate is continental. Only white wines from the Viognier grape variety are produced here. The wines produced here have impressive fragrances, minerality and a beautiful, freshness imparting acidity.
The grapes for the Invitare by Michel Chapoutier are selectively harvested by hand in the optimum ripening state, gently pressed, cooled down for a rest period of 48 hours, then fermented under temperature control between 16° and 18°C, for part of the wine the alcoholic fermentation takes place in wooden barrels. The wine then matures for 8 months on the fine yeast to maintain its freshness and varietal character. The ageing in wooden barrels gives more complexity and generosity. 15% of the wine is aged in new barrels to preserve freshness and minerality. The remaining 85% in small 150 litre wooden barrels, as is common in southern France, which have already been used for one or two vintages. This gives the wine density, strength and aromatic complexity.
Food pairing/Food recommendations for the Invitare Condrieu AOC by M. Chapoutier
This incredibly characterful and fruity white wine from the French Condrieu is a fantastic wine as an aperitif and with soft goat cheese. It goes perfectly with oriental and Asian dishes, but is also an extraordinary treat on its own!
The Wine Advocate Robert Parker - 95 points for 2015
The Wine Advocate Robert Parker - 89 points for 2013 Wine
Spectator - 93 points for 2010
|Region:||Rhône Valley (FR)|
|Sub region:||Condrieu (FR)|
|Occasion & Theme:||Easter , Pentecost , Romantic Dinner|
|Ageing in:||stainless steel tank , large wood|
|Quality Classification & Rating:||AOP Appellation d’Origine Protégée|
|Awards:||Wine Advocate Robert M. Parker - 95 Punkte|
|Soil:||close to the river , granite , Sand|
|Maturation:||stainless steel tank , sur lie|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||stone fruits , tropical fruits , floral , spicy|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||8 - 10|
|Stil:||Alte Welt , klassisch|
|Food Pairing:||Light dishes , sweet-spicy food , spicy food|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Burgunderflasche , klassisch|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Lagerfähigkeit in Jahren ab JG:||3|
|Alcohol % ABV:||14,0|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||M. Chapoutier - 18 avenue du Dr Paul Durand - 26600 Tain-l'Hermitage - Frankreich|