The Nero d 'Avola Sicilia DOC by Sallier de La Tour is intensely ruby red in the glass, the nose unfolds the typical aromas of a young wine of red fruits, berries and cherries, as well as very elegant notes of spices and liquorice. On the palate, this Sicilian red wine presents itself full-bodied, with pleasant tannins and good texture. In the finish fruity and long.
A beautiful, spicy and structure-rich wine with development potential.
Vinification of Nero d 'Avola Sicilia DOC by Sallier de la Tour
The winery of the Sallier de la Tour family in Monreale near Palermo is still family-owned, vineyards and winery are managed by the Tasca family, experienced in viticulture, which has also made the winery and its elegant wines known internationally.
For this Nero d 'Avola, the grapes are grown in the vineyards of Monreale, the yields are low, which gives the wine high quality and concentration. The grapes are traditionally pressed in red, at a controlled temperature and on the skins, the malolactic fermentation is carried out completely. Subsequently, 30% of the wine is aged for 12 months in small French oak barrels from Alliers and Troncais in second and third use, the other 70% matures in a stainless steel tank. After bottling, the wine rests in the bottle for a few weeks for harmonisation.
Food recommendation for the Nero d 'Avola by Sallier de la Tour
This tasteful Nero d 'Avola is a good accompaniment to traditional dishes such as pasta with strong sauces, meat dishes, game and mature cheese or pizza with spicy salami.
Awards for the Nero d 'Avola Sicilia DOC Sallier de la Tour
- Gambero Rosso: 2 glasses for 2013
|Wine acidity in g/l:||5,7|
|Residual sugar in g/l:||2,6|
|Sub region:||Sicilia DOC (IT)|
|Occasion & Theme:||balcony/patio , banquet wine/ bulk wine , to enjoy during the week , Cooking with Friends|
|Ageing in:||stainless steel tank , small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Nero d´Avola|
|Quality Classification & Rating:||DOC Denominazione di origine controllata|
|Maturation:||stainless steel tank , French Oak|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||12|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , spicy|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||schmelzig , dicht|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , spicy food|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Bordeauxflasche , klassisch|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Lagerfähigkeit in Jahren ab JG:||5|
|Alcohol % ABV:||14,0|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||Conte Tasca d'Almerita S.A.R.L. - Via dei Fiori 13 - 90129 Palermo - Italien|