The S.L.V. Cabernet Sauvignon from Stag's Leap Wine Cellars is an outstanding, excellent red wine from the American wine region Napa Valley. The abbreviation S.L.V. stands for Stag's Leap Vineyards - this is the first vineyard planted by this winery in 1970.
In the glass, this wine shines in a rich purple with a subtle purple shimmer. The multi-layered bouquet is supported by intense aromas of ripe dark fruits - especially blackberry, blackcurrant, blueberry, boysenberry and black cherries. This is accompanied by spicy, vegetarian notes of black tea, cocoa and dark chocolate.
The palate is pampered by a lush, powerful body with fleshy texture. This American red wine is wonderfully concentrated and is carried by perfectly structured tannins. The aromas of the nose harmonize excellently with the pleasant minerality. The finale comes with an elegant, balanced length.
Vinification of Stag's Leap Cabernet S.L.V.
The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes for this red wine originate from the first vineyard of Stag's Leap Wine Cellars. The berries are harvested by hand in September and are already strictly selected in the vineyard.
The harvested material is first fermented in stainless steel tanks in the wine cellar and the mash passes through the complete malolactic fermentation. After the fermentation process has been completed, this wine is aged in small French oak barrels for a total of 22 months. Of the wooden barrels used, 95% are new wood and the remaining 5% are from first occupation.
Food recommendation for Cabernet Sauvignon Stag's Leap Wine Cellars S.L.V.
This dry red wine from the USA is an excellent accompaniment to tender pork endings in mustard-parmesan crust, beef fillet with fresh herb butter on potato celery stalk or even to spicy risotto variations. We recommend decanting this wine for at least 2 hours before enjoying it.
Awards for the S.L.V. Cabernet Stag's Leap Wine Cellars
Robert M. Parker - The Wine Advocate: 93-95 points for 2014
|Wine acidity in g/l:||5,4|
|Sub region:||Napa Valley (US)|
|Occasion & Theme:||family event , perfect for an evening in front of the chimney , surprise connoisseurs , Christmas , winter wine|
|Location:||Stags Leap District|
|Ageing in:||small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Awards:||Wine Advocate Robert M. Parker - 93-95 Punkte|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||22|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , vegetable / vegetal , spicy , mineral|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||fleischig , dicht|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Stil:||Übersee , fragrant , vornehm , komplex|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , spicy food|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Bordeauxflasche , klassisch|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Lagerfähigkeit in Jahren ab JG:||20|
|Alcohol % ABV:||14,5|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|