The Tenet GSM from Chateau Ste. Michelle is a joint project of the three winemakers Bob Bertheau (Chateau Ste Michelle), Michel Gassier and Philippe Cambie (both Rhône). This red wine is a complex, outstanding and excellent cuvée from the Grenache (40%), Syrah (35%) and Mourvèdre (25%) grape varieties.
In the glass, this wine presents itself in a deep crimson with bluish shimmering highlights. The aromatically intense bouquet reveals expressive aromas of sweetly ripened berries - forest strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, together with juicy black cherries. This is accompanied by spicy notes of liquorice, pepper, gingerbread spice and fine floral notes.
The palate of this American red wine is enveloped by a velvety soft texture and a full-bodied, multi-layered body. The vibrant fruit fullness harmonizes perfectly with the spiciness of the bouquet - accompanied by subtle hints of smoke and black olives. The tannin is wonderfully powerful and juicy, which gives this red wine an excellent length and excellent potential. The very long finale convinces with a sensual, focused and focused personality.
Vinification of Ste. Michelle Syrah Tenet GSM
After harvesting the optimally ripened grapes, the harvested material is immediately transferred to the Chateau Ste winery. Michelle. There, one third of the berries are fermented with the stems - two thirds are completely destemmed. The mash is then fermented in stainless steel tanks. After the fermentation process is complete, about 50% of this wine remains on the mash.
Once the maceration period and the alcoholic fermentation have been completed, the wood is aged. First, the entire wine is aged in French oak barrels (multiple toppings). This red wine is then poured and 14% rests in barrels with a volume of 500 liters. The remaining 86% mature in French oak barriques. The total timber expansion is 12 months.
Food recommendation for the Tenet GSM Ste. MichelleThis
dry red wine from the USA is a great accompaniment to roast beef with Mediterranean herbs, lamb carée with swirled potatoes, duck from the oven with gingerbread sauce or to matured hard and soft cheeses.
Awards for the Tenet GSM Wine
- Spectator: 90 points for 2014
- Robert M. Parker - The Wine Advocate: 95 points for 2014
|Sub region:||Columbia Valley (US)|
|Occasion & Theme:||family event , perfect for an evening in front of the chimney , surprise connoisseurs , Romantic Dinner , Christmas|
|Ageing in:||small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Grenache , Mourvèdre , Shiraz|
|Awards:||Wine Advocate Robert M. Parker - 95 Punkte , Wine Spectator - 90 Punkte|
|Soil:||Sand , clay , volcanic rock|
|Maturation:||French Oak , Barrique 225 l , Barrel 500 l|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||12|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , floral , vegetable / vegetal , spicy , kouřové|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||samtig , dicht|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Stil:||Übersee , fragrant , vornehm , komplex|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , Helle und deftige Speisen|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Burgunderflasche , reduziert , modern|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Lagerfähigkeit in Jahren ab JG:||20+|
|Alcohol % ABV:||15,0|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|