Columbia Crest 's Grand Estates Cabernet Sauvignon is a powerful American red wine cuvée made from Cabernet Sauvignon (81%), Merlot (15%), Syrah (2%) and other red, complementary grape varieties.
In the glass, this wine shines in a dense ruby red with purple highlights. Fruity, this American red wine flatters the nose. Aromas of juicy cherries and blackcurrants reveal themselves - underlined by fine spice notes. Very full-bodied, gentle and powerful at the same time convinces the palate. The dark berry fruit is accompanied by hints of fine chocolate. The silky tannin structure is wonderfully woven into the body and accompanies the long, finely spicy finish.
Vinification of Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Estates
The grapes are harvested manually from October in the Washington State wine-growing region. Once the harvested material has arrived in the wine cellar, 75% of the berries are ground - the other 25% remain as a whole. Separated by variety, the mash is fermented on the berry skins for 7 to 14 days. After the fermentation process is complete, the grape varieties of the Grand Estates Cabernet Sauvignon are married. The biological acid degradation of this red wine takes place both in stainless steel tanks and in wooden barrels. Finally, this wine is rounded off for 10 months in oak barrels.
Food recommendation for the Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Crest Grand Estates
Enjoy this dry red wine from the USA with roasted lamb back with crunchy vegetables, steaks fresh from the grill, or with mushroom pan dishes.
|Sub region:||Columbia Valley (US)|
|Occasion & Theme:||family event , Gift for good friends , perfect for an evening in front of the chimney , Gift for customers , Christmas|
|Ageing in:||small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon , Merlot , Shiraz|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||10|
|Aroma:||Beerenobst , Steinobst , würzig|
|Textur / Mundgefühl:||seidig , dicht|
|Nachhall / Finale:||lang|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Stil:||Übersee , klassisch , duftig|
|Speiseempfehlungen:||Dunkle Speisen , Helle und deftige Speisen , Würzig-pikante Speisen|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Bordeauxflasche , modern|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Alcohol % ABV:||13,0|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|