Blackberry, Sour cherry, Currant jelly, toasted wood, Vanilla, Eucalyptus and Chocolate

Montes Taita 2015 - Montes

Any questions about this product?
Die Maximale Bestellmenge wurde erreicht, Bestellmenge wird automatisch angepasst.
Mindestbestellmenge wurde unterschritten, Bestellmenge wird automatisch angepasst.
Die Staffelung ist ungültig und wird automatisch angepasst.

Prices excl. VAT, excise duties, customs , excl. shipping

0.75 Liter (£ 241.65 * / 1 Liter)

Delivery time approx 8-10 workdays

Montes Taita 2015 - Montes
181.24 £
0.75 l (£ 241.65 * / 1 l)

Prices excl. VAT, excise duties, customs , excl. shipping

More information

The excellent, outstanding Montes Taita is 85% vinified from Cabernet Sauvignon grape variety. The remaining 15% will be supplemented by further red grape varieties.

In the glass shows an intense ruby red shimmering with dark red reflections. The bouquet pampers the nose with intense aromas of juicy blackberries, ripe heart cherries, fresh currants and dark chocolate. The aromas of the nose are accompanied by subtle hints of thyme, baked fruits and wood nuances.

On the palate, this top red wine from Chile reveals silky soft tannins as well as a powerful, excellently balanced body. The fine fruit acid is balanced and shows itself in a wonderful harmony with intense black fruits. Fresh cedar wood and mineral hints also accompany the aromas of the palate. The finale is elegant and very long.

The Montes Taita comes in a high-quality wooden box of 1. 

Vinification of the Taita of Montes

The hand-picked, optimally ripe grapes are traditionally fermented on the mash and aged in new French oak barrels for 24 months after completion of the fermentation period. The wood of the French oak has a fine-pored structure, which allows this wine to breathe perfectly during the ageing. The medium toasting of the barrels gives this red wine its subtle roasting aromas.

After the barrel has been aged, this red wine is easily filtered. The Montes Taita then matures on the bottle for at least 3 years before it is released for trading.

Food recommendation for the Montes Taita

Enjoy this exquisite red wine from Chile with roasted duck leg with red cabbage and potato dumplings, lamb shoulder in oriental seasoning or with entrecotes and wild ragout


Awards for Taita Montes

Robert M. Parker - Wine Advocate: 93+ points for 2010

Product type: Wine
Type of Wine: Red wine
Wine colour: Red
Sweetness: dry
Vintage: 2015
Country: Chile
Region: Valle Central (CL)
Sub region: Valle de Rapel (CL)
Occasion & Theme: family event , wedding , perfect for an evening in front of the chimney , surprise connoisseurs , Romantic Dinner
Location: Valle de Colchagua
Ageing in: small barrel
Grape Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Cuvée: sortenrein
Harvest: Manual harvest
Maturation: French Oak
Duration of maturation (in Months): 24
Aromas & Palate Notes: toasted wood , Blackberry , Sour cherry , Currant jelly , Vanilla , Eucalyptus , Chocolate
Mouthfeel/ Texture: silky , dense
Finish: long
Optimal serving temperature in °C: 15 - 18
Style: Overseas , Cold climate growing area , modern , complex
Food Pairing: dark food
Glass recommendation: Bordeaux Goblet
Bottle design & equipment: Bordeaux bottle , classic
Bottle size in l: 0,75
Shutter type: Cork
Shelf life in years from vintage: 20+
Alcohol % ABV: 15,0
Allergens & Misc. Ingredients: contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide
Distributor: Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland
Write a review
Reviews will be published after verification.
Log in

Log in / register