Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
The Private Selection Chardonnay from Robert Mondavi from the American wine-growing region California is a full-bodied, soft white wine from Chardonnay (95%) and to small parts Muscat and Malvasia.
This wine receives a light golden shining colour by the partial wood storage, which is interspersed with greenish reflexes. The aromatic bouquet reveals fragrant aromas of fresh citrus blossoms, juicy pineapple and ripe peach - accompanied by subtle hints of vanilla, caramel and toast. On the palate, this American white wine is a delight with a beautifully balanced, opulent and soft body, which is surrounded by a powerful, juicy fullness. The acidity harmonises wonderfully with the fruit sweetness. This balance accompanies until the long finish.
Vinification of Mondavi Chardonnay Private Selection
At optimal ripeness, the grapes are harvested and immediately brought to the winery. There the berries are pressed as a whole. The must is divided after pressing: 30% of this wine is fermented in barrels and undergoes biological acid decomposition. After the fermentation process, this white wine matures for 10 months in French and American oak barrels. The remaining 70% are fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks.
Food recommendation for the Chardonnay Private Selection Robert Mondavi
This dry white wine from the USA is a great companion to grilled fish and seafood with creamy sauce, chicken fricassee with fresh peas and carrots or to all sorts of creamy risotto variations.
|Style of Wine:||White Wine|
|Type of Wine:||Still Wine|
|Occasion & Theme:||balcony/patio , Gift for good friends , Pentecost , Romantic Dinner , summer-wine|
|Ageing in:||stainless steel tank , large wood|
|Grape Variety:||Chardonnay , Malvasia Bianca , Muscat d'Alexandrie|
|Maturation:||stainless steel tank , American Oak , French Oak|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||10|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||stone fruits , tropical fruits , floral , spicy , Caramelised|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||melt-in-the-mouth , dense|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||8 - 10|
|Style:||New World , modern|
|Food Pairing:||Light dishes , bright, hearty dishes|
|Glass Recommendation:||White Wine Goblet|
|Bottle Design & Features:||Burgundy Style , modern|
|Bottle size in L:||0.75|
|Alcohol % ABV:||13|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Distributor:||Wein Service Bonn GmbH - DE-ÖKO-005 - Königswinterer Str. 552 - 53227 Bonn - Deutschland|