The Insoglio del Cinghiale Toscana IGT by Tenuta Campo di Sasso of the Tenuta di Biserno glows dark red in the glass. On the nose, this young terroir wine from Maremma shows an expressive personality, fruity, with intense aromas of dark fruits, blackberries, fine floral notes, spicy, peppery notes and a hint of spicy oak notes in the background. On the palate, the wonderfully balanced, medium-weight body with fine structure, full-bodied, fleshy, round, with sweet tannins. A wine that tastes very good at a young age, but gains in abundance, balance and complexity with a little storage. The finish is long lasting, harmonious and spicy in reverberation.
Vinification of the Insoglio del Cinghiale Campo di Sasso Toscana IGT by Tenuta Biserno
This youthful red wine is the base wine and terroir cru of Tenuta Biserno, supple and maturing early, which has quickly found its lovers and has been produced since 2003. It originates in the Campo di Sasso vineyard, which belongs to the Tenuta di Biserno, but is separate from it. Campo di Sasso is located southwest of Biserno, close to the sea and the town of Bibbona, and comprises three plots with a total of 46 hectares. The soils are very different from those in Biserno, they are mostly sandy, with good drainage and low clay content. The temperatures here are slightly higher. The warm, sandy soils and the warmer, Mediterranean climate are particularly favourable for Syrah.
The Insoglio del Cinghiale is vinified from Syrah 34% and a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. The harvest takes place between mid-August and middle-end of September. The grapes are strictly selected after harvesting in the wine cellar with the aid of a vibrating conveyor belt. They are then destemmed and gently pressed. Alcoholic fermentation lasts 14 to 21 days at controlled temperatures, followed by malolactic fermentation, 10% in oak barrels, the remaining 90% in stainless steel tanks. 40% of the wine is then aged for 4 months in French barriques in the second run.
Food recommendation for the Insoglio del Cinghiale Toscana IGT from Tenuta di Biserno
Enjoy this powerful, fleshy terroir wine from the Upper Maremma with tasty dishes. The peppery notes of Syrah make it an ideal companion for game dishes, such as the locally occurring wild boar, pheasant roast or rich game stews. Slightly chilled, it tastes great with picnics and barbecues in summer.
It is recommended to open the Insoglio del Cinghiale 1 hour before serving
Awards for the Insoglio del Cinghiale Campo di Sasso Toscana IGT by Tenuta di Biserno
- James Suckling: 92 points for 2015 and 2016
- Vinous Antonio Galloni: 93 points for 2016
- Wine Enthusiast: 91 points for 2012 and 2013, Editor's Choice
- Wine Advocate Robert M.Parker: 89+ points for 2012, 90 points for 2013
|Wine acidity in g/l:||5,3|
|Sub region:||Toscana IGT (IT)|
|Occasion & Theme:||family event , Gift for good friends , barbecue , perfect for an evening in front of the chimney , surprise connoisseurs , Gift for customers , Picknick , Christmas|
|Ageing in:||stainless steel tank , small barrel|
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet-Franc , Cabernet Sauvignon , Merlot , Petit Verdot , Syrah|
|Quality Classification & Rating:||IGT Indicazione Geografica Tipica|
|Soil:||Sand , loess , clay , Loam , marl|
|Maturation:||stainless steel tank , French Oak , Barrique 225 l|
|Duration of maturation (in Months):||4|
|Aromas & Palate Notes:||berry fruit , stone fruits , spicy|
|Mouthfeel/ Texture:||seidig , schmelzig , fleischig , dicht|
|Optimal serving temperature in °C:||15 - 18|
|Stil:||Alte Welt , Warmklima-Anbaugebiet , modern|
|Food Pairing:||dark food , spicy food|
|Flaschendesign & Ausstattung:||Bordeauxflasche , klassisch|
|Flaschengröße in l:||0,75|
|Lagerfähigkeit in Jahren ab JG:||4|
|Alcohol % ABV:||14,0|
|Allergens & Misc. Ingredients:||contains sulfites and sulfur dioxide|
|Inverkehrbringer:||Campo di Sasso Distribuzioni srl - Palazzo Gardini - Piazza Gramsci 9 - 57020 Bibbona (LI) - Italien|